3x GRAMMY Award-winner will take the revered stage ahead of his 10/20 album release; WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME track listing revealed today
Throughout his groundbreaking, multi-genre, multi-platinum music career, Darius Rucker has achieved many of the most illustrious goals for a performer: becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry, winning GRAMMY Awards in both pop and country categories, and touring the world with sold out shows at the O2 and Red Rocks. As the “For The First Time” singer prepares to release his fifth country album on Capitol Records Nashville on October 20, Rucker reaches for another “first” as he announces today his October 19 concert at New York’s famed Apollo Theater.
Seeing their name on the Harlem concert hall’s iconic marquee has been a commemorative milestone for generations of African-American music legends, from Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington to Gladys Knight, James Brown and Lauryn Hill, and Rucker joins their ranks as one of only a handful of country artists to ever grace the historic stage. Tickets to Darius Rucker at the Apollo Theater go on sale Friday, September 29 at 10am ET.
“I have so much respect and awe for the history and traditions this stage represents,” explains Rucker. “To perform at the Apollo as I prepare to release this album which means so much tome, feels like the perfect way to commemorate this album.”
The first single from WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME, “If I Told You” has already achieved chart-topping success, and second single “For The First Time,” co-written by Rucker with Derek George and Travis Hill, is available digitally now and currently climbing the country charts.
Rucker has introduced another track from the album, “Don’t,” to his fans during his live shows this summer, which he recently revealed will be offered as an instant grat download to exclusively to fans who preorder the new album.
Complete track listing for WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME:
1. “For the First Time” (Darius Rucker, Derek George, Scooter Carusoe)
2. “Bring It On” (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson)
3. “Life’s Too Short” (Copperman, Jon Nite, Jaren Johnston)
4. “If I Told You” (Copperman, Shane McAnally, Nite)
5. “Don’t” (Adam Doleac, A.J. Babcock, Pete Good)
6. “Twenty Something” (McAnally, Nite, Zach Crowell, Josh Osborne)
7. “Straight to Hell” with Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Charles Kelley (Kevin Kinney)
8. “Count the Beers” (Rucker, Dean Dillon, Josh Thompson)
9. “Another Night With You” (Rucker, Dillon, Josh Thompson)
10. “Hands On Me” (Copperman, McAnally, J.T. Harding)
11. “She” (Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawson)
12. “Story to Tell” (Copperman, Gorley, Rucker)
For more information about new music, appearances and tour dates, please visit www.dariusrucker.com.
1,158 total views, 0 views today